Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Girl Behind the Reason I've Been Quiet

There is a girl, close to being a daughter of ours. She went to the hospital last Monday with a "bump in her stomach." By Tuesday, surgery had revealed it was a cancerous tumor with affected lymph nodes. My writing has since been redirected to:

caringbridge.org
addisalemwolde (her full name with no spaces or capital letters)

Her prognosis is good and I know I will be writing funny things again at some point. The funniest thing that has happened so far is when I got home from a really long day at the hospital, made an apple pie (out of a box), found out the kids had accidentally dumped it upsidedown on the floor and I gave them forks and Cool Whip. Plates and a table aren't as necessary as one might think.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Marty, I am so blessed to know that a mother of five (home schooled!) children is doing what you're doing...that a father of five (and also in LAW SCHOOL ... and the last SEMESTER!!) is doing what he's doing. God does make all grace abound. And stage 3 cancer gives proper perspective to apple pies dropped and eaten off the floor.